Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Far Behind

From all the things I said
I regret not a word alone:
not a sight
not a look
not a face of indiscretion
I do not,
I simply choose not to.

Far behind in time
when I used to dwell in your gap
thinking that perhaps
water could run backwards for a while;

Far time ago
when I raised and molded the statue of false
out of sand
salt
and spit...
when I didn't think the wind was ever going to come;

So long ago
when the fluids of coherence stopped
running through my soul (and I drained)
and I became a "worst"
by own conviction (I thought)
but over the creepiest dug hole
I yet held to fall;

So far behind
I think I should let
the love ( I thought) I ever felt for you to lay
on its own foundations:
those which I and me alone built.

You have the right of nothing to feel
for nothing you have given to me...
I blame your instinct
your lower race heartbeat
my ever trusting genuine innocence
(addressed as stupidity)
and I chose not to regret.

No comments: