Monday, December 8, 2008

The worst of me

Days of glory, of brightness, of stand-still.
Days of shyness, of enlightenment, of mist surreal.
I look back in sadness to those moments
for they never were.
I look back tearing, the lack of feeling, the issues aware.

No rhyme
No song
No melody.
No innocence
No blindness
No emphasis.
NO!
There is NOT a way
it never was
I don't want it to be.

Scratching a drafted life
uplifting my heartbeat,
no regression to crayons
no rain forecast...
Days of stand-still I remember
and I pray
they never to be real
nevermore to awake
the worst of me again...
never to bring you in.

2 comments:

Lucas said...

This is challenging but good. Semi-related question: Are you sure that what you see as the worst of you is really that?

Flor Ramos Skidmore said...

hmmm... what those past events brought out from me: the anger and sadness, the desire to revenge... those kind of feelings that could have become needs... that is what i call the worst of me. I can not say it is in fact the Worst of me, but... i mean, could it ever get worse?? i hope not! lol