Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dream awake

Today I was to believe in a city
in which time and space
mean little to nothing.
I was to chase dreams at the shore
of deserting opportunities.
Today I was to write about hope,
about faith and grace...
No word escapes my mind
because tonight
I am to write of survival.
In this world it is more important
to learn to seem
rather than to truly be.
My land is saturated of an oil so thick
it burns my wings to the sun,
it sells my ideas to the lord of ineptitude.
Today I am afraid of standing
on my feet, pretending.
Today I was to spend
the savings of my sweat
on the promise of tears trading.
Today I was to play
the moon for a sorority,
to win the world and own it
on a credit contract.
Today I could be happier and have a debtor,
could save a thief from condemnation.
I was to rest and dream awake.

No comments: